Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Stromae & France Songs Billboard

Billboard France Songs  I wonder if there is a French artist in the top 10?  Yes there is!  I met him yesterday & I'm still getting to know him. His name is Stromae.  He has MANY a hit perfect for French class.  In December 2013 he was interviewed by radio personality Rob Redding where I was able to learn more about him.  I love his music, and his dance moves in his videos.  They actually dance jazz dance.  It's so cool.  Some of his songs and his characters are controversial, but the music is so good.

I would use Musicuentos idea and play French class Idol with a level 2 or early level 3 class with Formidable by Stromae.  It was on the Billboard's  top 10 France Songs   But instead of saying what I'm going to do, it says  "I was, you were, and we were + adjective".  Change the adjective!!!!  Parfait! n'est pas?  There is one problem with the song and that is why I didn't post the video.  Some work would need to be done to the one certain p (in french) word that tarnishes the whole song.   I would find a way to edit it out.  I am going to work on that.  

Here is an interview in French, a teacher could pull a portion of this clip and use this for listening.







Papaoutai...  It's about an absent dad.   Some of my students are poetry slam members and they write about this exact thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment