Sunday, February 23, 2014

Indila Derniere Danse & my Youtube Playlists for French



I LOVE the song, I LOVE the video  The possibilities are endless for what you can do with the song or the video in class.  Plus the singer is famous and popular in France right now!




Indila Derniere Danse has been rising the Billboard France Songs the past month.  As I mentioned in a prior post, Stromae is also perfect for French class, but he has recently fallen off the top ten billboard.  

I would like to share some of my Youtube Playlists for any French teachers out there who are interested in using authentic songs, commercials, and/or special videos in their class.

Songs and Videos for French Class
French Commercials
Other Video Finds in French

El Mundo de Birch has a great descriptions of some listening comprehension activities that I should highlight here for options for using these.  French teachers, the descriptions of the activities are in English, but the handouts are in Spanish.  You can apply the principles to French.  One teacher at my school is using the Olympics.  She could use those ideas too.

I also love  the ideas for using music without CLOZE.  I have been able to get students to say a lot more about music with her chart Eres el Juez which means You are the judge.  Just to point out how to use it, because at first it looks like students circle their choices.  As I was linking this post to the page page, I realized that the whole document for activity 2 is several pages long and can include a task where the students have to find out the information of the artits, song, year, country, etc.  But I only used the very first page of that handout called "Eres el Juez".  I think for novices if you just have them keep their handy dandy "Eres el Juez" page, you can have them use it every so often and it takes ten minutes or less.  

This is how it worked for me.  French teachers could easily adjust this and add French words to the graphic organizer:
Day 1
Go over how to critique the different elements of a song teaching any unfamiliar vocabulary on the graphic organizer in activity 2.  I only used the first page of "Eres el Juez".  I highlighted a few more words for cool using this totally awesome Infograph from Zachary Jones with how they say cool in various places in latinamerica called El mapa más "cool" del mundo hispanohablante.   Play a song that you hope they like.  Then when the song is over, the students have to write or say three statements about three different elements of the song.  


Day 2
Go over how to critique the different elements of a video teaching any unfamiliar vocabulary on the graphic organizer in activity 2.  I only used the first page of Eres el Juez.  I highlighted a few more words for cool using this totally awesome Infograph from Zachary Jones with how they say cool in various places in latinamerica called El mapa más "cool" del mundo hispanohablante.   Play a song that you hope they like.  Then when the song is over, the students have to write or say three statements about three different elements of the video.  

Finally, here is another idea from Musicuentos called Spanish class idol.  As far as how to use the commercials, there is a collaboration described here but it doesn't include French. The resourceful French teacher can see what is happening and apply this to French. 





No comments:

Post a Comment